As summer is winding down to an end (and since we have deck renovations on our brains) it’s time to start thinking about squeezing in as many summer BBQs as possible before it’s time to make apple pie and eat Halloween candy! We love to host parties, and when you can add in a little summertime weather and food on the grill – well, that’s just perfection.
Here are my Top 9 accessories for that End of Summer BBQ!
1. These Heat Resistant Corn Holders are colorful and fun! We have some golf ball corn holders, but these would be a fun change!
2. I love these drink dispensers from Crate and Barrel. Something like this drink dispenser feels excessive and something too large to store. But I still love them! And it’s nice for large parties even just for water, instead of needing to refill the water pitcher several times throughout the night.
3. Adding lanterns, twinkle lights or globe lights adds a little extra whimsy to the ricketiest table, burned hamburgers, and even helps you deal with the mosquitoes a little bit longer.
4. Every backyard party needs a good yard game! Ladderball is one of our favorites! (Other acceptable options: Croquet, Bocce, Kan-jam)
5. We have the Butter Boy! People always laugh and wonder what is sitting on the table. But it’s so much easier to butter corn with it and it’s a cute little man in overalls! How can you go wrong?
6. You can’t look too far without seeing another mason jar craft / trend / decor idea. But let’s get back to what mason jars were originally used for – catching fireflies!! I have so many memories of summer nights catching fireflies after dinner. Take your BBQ back to the basics and see how many you can catch (and let go – of course).
7. Every party needs some good tunes! We have a Soundfreaq - a portable bluetooth music player. You can charge it when it’s plugged in, sync it to your iPod, and haul it around the party, the yard, wherever you go!
8. These DIY Slipknot Rope napkin rings from Lemon Tree Dwelling would dress up any old napkin!
9. BBQs call for big platters to pile on hotdogs, piles of corn on the cob, or for the spread of burger toppings. I am always drawn to the melanine platters by FrenchBull because they are so much fun! Everything a BBQ should be.
What’s your favorite thing about BBQs? What do you put on your hot dog? I’m a ketchup girl.
Check out the end of summer party I posted on last year!